(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Monday, December 8, 2014

Brain Break

Hello. I come to you from the Reading Room of the Harold B. Lee Library. Here's a real life description of my current state: I sit at a table alone with a few spiral notebooks, pages of amateur sketches for a "creativity" project scattered, my hair is in a ponytail, and I am wearing the comfiest sweater I own and my glasses. Also there is an extra packet of Mucinex, a package of tissues, and some chapstick next to my computer. 

{It's okay to not be glamorous all the time}

It's not even finals week yet. Although I've already taken two finals, but ya know. It isn't REALLY finals week until next week. I have so much to do before I fly home in 8 days, 19 hours, and 5 minutes (wait who's counting???) that 8 days, 19 hours, and 5 minutes seems like an eternity. 

This is not why I opened up a new blog post. But funny enough, it relates. Last Wednesday in my New Testament class, a quote was shared that hit me hard enough that I'm still think about it today:

"Doubt and faith do not exist in the same person at the same time."

Just think about that! Doubt, fear, and anxiety do not come from the Lord. He wants us to be happy and to have calmed hearts! We either trust Him or we do not.  Faith is of God. Doubt is not. 
T h e y   c a n n o t   c o e x i s t .

I can make it through these next 8 days, 18 hours, and 55 minutes. And so can you. 
With faith in the Lord, we can do anything


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.