(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Big Move

Last Saturday I began my journey to Provo, Utah! The drive with my mom took two days, and honestly there is not much to look at on the way here. It's mostly just desert with a few cool rock formations here and there, so I was pretty stoked about getting here as you can imagine haha!


Our first night here (Sunday) we started driving up Squaw Peak Trail, a popular overlook of the city. My mom made me drive so I could get a feel for how driving up mountain roads was. It was terrifying! The road was steep and really windy and I was literally driving on the edge of a cliff with no guard rail.

Because move-in day is technically Wednesday, we decided Monday and Tuesday would be set apart for running lots of errands. Since I had to pack all of my stuff into only one car and also fit my mom's suitcase in there, I couldn't buy some things until I was here. There were also a few other things to get taken care of. So Monday morning I went and got my student I.D., picked up my textbooks, and went to the doctor to get a meningitis shot (yay)! We decided to drive by my dorm and when we did, discovered we could move into my room early!! We were able to quickly get all of my stuff into my room since there was no one else there to hog the elevator (I'm on the 3rd floor) or the cart! I love how my room turned out. My goal was to make it a little "homey" so it would be comfortable and inviting so others will hopefully feel welcome! Of course, I will be making minor alterations every now and then, I already have a few in mind ;)


The rest of Monday and Tuesday were spent setting up my dorm room and shopping! I am a little nervous about meeting my roommate and the rest of the girls on my floor tomorrow, but mostly excited! I know that things shouldn't feel awkward because no one knows anybody (for the most part) and everyone needs friends, including me! Thursday-Saturday I have orientation so I will meet a lot of people that way too. I cannot wait to start making connections and creating friendships!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.