(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Time.

Hi! My name is Marissa, my family calls me Riss and my friends call me Mar, but you can call me whatever you want. Right now I am awaiting my departure to Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah next weekend! How odd it feels to be done with high school but not yet part of the college world.

This summer I have learned two lessons:

  • Time doesn't fly when you have nothing to do.
  • Time appears to have flown when you suddenly have something to do.

Repeatedly I have found myself excruciatingly bored this summer and wishing that August 24th would magically show up and that I would be on my way to Utah. 

But in these sweet last moments I long to go back in time.

I recently watched five of my best friends leave our hometown in Magnolia, Texas to begin their journeys at Rice University, Baylor University, Texas A&M, and University of Houston. Eventually I will watch the others leave for University of Texas, Sam Houston State University, and TSTC. Thank goodness for Google+ hangouts, because I have grown so close to these people, and especially in the past year!




I was so sad to say goodbye because although I know I will see them again, I know things will never be the same. But I am also very excited for them! I know what wonderful and beautiful people they are and I know that God has great things in store for them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.