(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Friday, February 20, 2015

Enough.

Heyo, I'm comin at ya just like I usually do: sitting on my couch on a Friday after cleaning my room, starting my laundry, and lighting my favorite candle (seriously buy this candle in the red...worth every dollar I promise).

Self esteem can be a hard thing to keep up with in college. It feels like a constant battle to keep up with everyone else -- academically, physically, spiritually, in friendships, relationships, with having cool hobbies and side talents, and so on. It can be really emotionally draining when you look around and see all of these beautiful humans who are intelligent beyond comparison, have really cool hobbies, and play 12 instruments and 5 sports. Like okay.

BUT

What is easy to forget is that those people have insecurities also. Everyone has talents and everyone has insecurities, but we tend to only see our flaws and others' awesomeness. What a dumb thing! We are all children of a loving God who has granted us each with gifts and to think that one is greater than another just because it is more visible, or to not share those gifts is ridiculous. Our gifts are meant to help and uplift others; aren't we all brothers and sisters anyway? It's all about love, people.

Juliana sent me the link to this blog last night, and I'm so glad she did because I love it! I came across this post and it had the following picture, which explains my thoughts more eloquently than I ever could:

(I believe this applies to both genders -- you are enough)

Anyway, it's pay day which means it's errand day! Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.