(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Goals.

Hellooooooo. I'm at work right now! I work in the computer labs on campus, which are understandably slow on the weekends, so I am usually able to get a lot of homework done at work on Saturdays! I actually have no idea what this blog post is going to be about, I'm just sick of working on my physics paper and needed a little break.

I guess what this post can be about is a few small goals I'm going to set for this coming week:

  1. Problem: I'm always tired.
    When I finish my homework for the night, I often shut my computer, mosey on over to the couch and just sit there. Like I actually just sit there doing nothing but not wanting to go to bed because I want to be able to relax before the start of the next day. It can last anywhere from five minutes to (embarrassingly) an hour. It's so ridiculous! Why don't I just get ready for bed and go to bed, you ask? Because showering, brushing my teeth, picking out my clothes, and so on wakes me up big time.
    Solution: Immediately after finishing my homework, take a shower, get ready for bed, iron my clothes for the next day, get my backpack ready for class. Then I am allowed to sit on the couch, read one chapter from a book, and get tired again so I can go to bed.
  2. Problem: Coming home from work starving and not having a plan.
    Okay honestly I never know what I'm going to have for dinner until I open up the fridge and see what I have. It's so bad because seriously I always end up eating either a salad consisting of only spinach leaves and sometimes chicken, leftover chicken shredded in a tortilla, pasta, canned soup, or a sandwich. I honestly am having trouble coming up with something else I've eaten for dinner in the past month. That's pretty dumb!
    Solution: The list maker that I am should have learned and even loved by now to plan out dinners for a week before going grocery shopping.
  3. Problem: Social media steals too much of my time.
    Back in November, I did a smart phone detox. It was great because without the constant temptation to check social media I was so much more productive in the important aspects of life. Now I'm not saying that I'm gonna go back to a full-fledged no-phone lifestyle, because that's ridiculous and I like to call my family and check Instagram, but I do need to limit myself. Around Christmas time I caved and turned back on social media notifications, and just last week I downloaded the Facebook app again. Both huge mistakes!
    Solution: Delete the Facebook app. Turn off all notifications (including push) except for texts and phone calls. 
Now that I've written about 3 goals to make me more productive, I'm gonna stop writing this post and get back to writing my physics paper! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.