(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of College!


Well today was the day I have been awaiting for over eighteen years: my first day of college! I woke up at a beautiful 6:30am to get ready and was out the door by 7:15, which is impressive for me. I walked outside and to my surprise I was cold and wishing I had a sweater! After grabbing some breakfast I began my trek up "freshman hill" (the hill that separates the dorms I live in from campus itself) and realized just how heavy my backpack was haha! My first class of the day was Preview to Nursing, which is a 2 hour class but luckily is only once a week and lasts 8 weeks. I met some new people and the professor was super sweet. But for the past few days I have begun to have doubts about whether this is really the profession I want to pursue. I hope that at the end of this course I will have determined whether to stick with it or not, because if so, I have to begin applying to the nursing program in February!

I had a two hour break so I made my way back home. I opened the door and found my roommate, who had thought she had a 9am class but later realized she had looked at the wrong day. She doesn't start until 1 on Tuesdays (lucky)!! We talked for a bit and then headed out to grab lunch. My second class of the day was Book of Mormon. The professor is super awesome and is all about teaching on a personal level rather than being oblivious to our thoughts and needs. He also told us that he is going to teach more about the doctrinal framework rather than specific details, which I think will be a lot more interesting and meaningful in the long run and I am happy about it.

My third class was 10 minutes later and in the building next door. I walked into what was expected to be a large section, considering it was held in a lecture hall that could hold 150+ students, but to my surprise there were less than 50 students. I sat between a guy and a girl, and soon came to the conclusion that I was probably the only freshman in the room. Weird. But after hearing from the professor who is cool in the way only a dorky physics professor can be, I am not as nervous about that class as I was walking in.

After school I came home and took a short nap, video chatted with some of my best friends, and got to work. SO. MUCH. HOMEWORK. Once I was done I wanted to go do something fun and my roommate was out, so I headed down to the lobby. There was a big group of kids who obviously knew each other (probably in the same ward) but I made myself go hang out with them. Those guys and girls were super nice and fun and we played extreme spoons for nearly an hour. I really hope they are down there tomorrow night because I want to be friends with all of them!!

1 comment:

Archive

Powered by Blogger.