(n.) the process of developing or maturing physically, mentally, or spiritually

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hello September.

I failed to post about my second day of school, which was very different from my first day. So here's a quick overview: I started the day with chemistry, the professor is super cool and just recently got his doctorate. I've looked through the textbook and I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I then had anthropology. The professor is a weirdo, what he talked about seemed interesting, but all the books we have to read are super boring. Last was human development. The professor was nice, she was really into what she was talking about. It's going to be a tough class because we have a lot of research papers, but I think it will be the most interesting of my classes. I'll let you know in December.


Friday night Hannah, Lauren, Erin, Kelsey, and I went to the theater on campus and watched Monsters University for $1 and we were laughing the entire time, as was the entire theater. It's very different watching it before college as opposed to once you're in it! We then hit up a party for about 10 minutes but decided to head back to the lobby. Weekend nights in the lobby are awesome because they are full of people. So we walk in and there is a group of 30+ people playing signs, and a group of about 20 guys in the corner playing guitars and singing awesome arrangements of songs. It's such a cool environment. We had so much fun! The rest of the night was spent doing spontaneous things and laughing until we thought we were literally going to throw up.

Saturday was game day!!!! vs. University of Texas, which was extra exciting for me. The game started at 5 and the gates opened at 3, so we got there at 3 to ensure good seats in the student section. We got great seats and sat around for about an hour until it suddenly got dark. We watched a massive storm cloud roll over the south end of the stadium (where we were seated) and it began to get cold and crazy windy. Then it began pouring and we were soaked before we got to the portal to go under the stadium! Long story short, we got there at 3, went under at 4, went back into the stands at 6:20 to watch the game (still soaked and cold), and got home at 11. We ended up sitting in the end zone next to the band so that was fun! It was a very different experience going to a football game and being a part of the regular audience!


(might I add that BYU beat UT 40-21) (sorry Katie)

I'm pretty sure that storm was the beginning of the cold fronts, because the highest high this week is in the low 80's. I am excited to wear autumn/winter layers because they rock but I am NOT ready to be cold haha!

I'm doing pretty good on keeping up with my assignments, although it is only week one! I can't imagine what's in store. I have made a lot of friends and bonded with the ones I mentioned, but I am still looking forward to having best friends here!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.